Skip to main content

My Beauty Routine

Hello Loves!

I've had some questions about my beauty routine and I decided that although I don't have any secret magic make you beautiful potion, I can share what I do have :)


I have recently decided that I really really want to be healthy, inside and out. So I've started (trying) to eat healthy(er) and exercising. But I think that should also include beauty products that don't have a lot of preservatives and chemicals. Think about it, you use this stuff EVERY DAY! All of those bad things like parabens and alcohol sink into your skin and scalp and do damage slowly but surely. So I decided to go natural. Now, I know what you're thinking, that going all natural is totally unreasonable and EXPENSIVE but I have searched high and low and I think I have found some very nice and reasonably priced (rhyming is fun) products that I have been using and I can confidently stand by. 

Let's start with the hair shall we?  
Now, I am no stranger to hair coloring or straightening/curling or whatever else and I am quite spontaneous with my decisions, jumping into something without thinking through all of the consequences. Let's just say my hair has seen less damaged days. I am currently trying to grow my hair out after a long road of recovery due to a bad hair bleaching incident. So I try to avoid my heated tools as much as possible and I also use these three products. 
1. Simply U Shampoo and Conditioner : Moisturizing Formula
These gentle cleaners are Sulfate and Pareben free and are "enriched with rice protein and fruit and silk extracts to help tame frizz while nourishing, strengthening and protecting hair all day long." I use them almost daily (every time I was my hair) and it is noticeably softer and smoother. The best part is, it goes for around $5 a bottle at Walmart which if you're a married college student is very nice! 
2. CHI Shine Infusion Thermal Polishing Spray
This makes my hair nice and shiny AND protects it when i do decide to take a straightener to it. I also love the smell. I just spray it all over before I straighten it! You can buy it a ULTA but I usually find it for less a TJ Max. 
3. Moroccan Oil - Oil Treatment for All Hair Types
This is my most recent hair miracle. Just a tiny drop in my hair wet or dry and my hair is magically soft and silky and manageable. It also healed the split ends that I was starting to get. It is definitely a must if you are trying to grow your hair out. Thanks to this I can just let my hair dry naturally without the frizz!  The link will take you to amazon but it is usually only sold at select salons and can be a bit pricey. I just bought a tiny bottle and since you only need a drop that should last a while. 

Face! 
I have been a loyal customer of Proactive for years due to my stubborn breakout prone skin but have recently had to look elsewhere for skin care as my daddy was no longer supporting me and rent became more important that my face wash. It also always kind of unnerved me that it would bleach my clothes if I got it on them. (If it's doing that to my clothes what is it doing to my skin!?)
YESto Tomatoes Face Scare Products
These were a brilliant accidental find. I was just browsing around ULTA (while I'm sure I was supposed to be at the grocery store) and came across them. What I love about these products is they work just as good if not better than Proactive and they are as much as 98% natural ingredients!!! Now that is something I can jump behind! They come in all different fruits and veggies for whatever your skin needs and are they also smell delicious!

Make Up!
I love makeup. I like to look through pictures of people with their red hot lips and their smoky eyes. I also love color. However when I am getting ready in the morning, laziness and lack of time work together to put me in a natural make up rutt. So I decided that if I'm going to be in a rutt, I may as well look good doing it. I like to make my make up last so I felt it was ok to splurge a little bit
Collection Includes:
  • Chic Radiance All-Over Face Color
  • Cabana Eyecolor (sunkissed toffee)
  • Tidal Wave Eyecolor (gilded celadon)
  • Round the Clock Waterproof Eyeliner in 9 PM (chocolate suede)
  • Natural Lipgloss in Iced Champagne (shimmering nude beige)
  • Travel Bag 

  • Collection includes:
  • ORIGINAL SPF 15 Foundation
  • Mini Prime Time Foundation Primer
  • SPF 25 Mineral Veil finishing powder
  • Flawless Definition Volumizing Mascara in Black
  • 100% Natural Lipgloss in Cupcake
  • Flawless Application Face Brush 

  • I bought both of these kits together at ULTA and they were $39 each. It took my breath away at first but when I thought about the quality that I am getting and how much it would have cost me to buy everything separately, I figured, "What the Hay!" Also all of the makeup fits into that adorable green and white striped travel bag! This foundation is natural and good for your skin and it makes you look like you've just been airbrushed so i thought it was well worth the extra bucks! 

    So there you have it! The Secret Beauty Routine of Tabitha Shakespeare!  No magic, just natural stuff! Also, I drink a TON of water and that does wonders for my skin, hair, nails and body! 
     Thanks for reading! I hope it was beneficial! 

    Cheers! 

    Tabitha




    Comments

    Popular posts from this blog

    The Iowa Adventure

    Hey guys! Wow! It's already been almost a week since my first post! I'm just so exhausted when we get back to our hotel room every night to even think about writing a whole blog post! Joe and I are in Burlington, Iowa at the moment working on a job for my dad's company, North American Survey Corporation (or NASCORP for short). We basically have 155 miles that we are supposed to walk. Here is a video of what we do: My dad chose this job specifically for us because it was Joe's first time and it was supposed to be an easy one. Well, we get out on the right of way (The path we are supposed to walk) and it looks like this: So we are either pushing our way through very tall very thorny bushes, or we are navigating our way through very tall very sharp corn (which was only supposed to be ankle tall by now) :(  In two weeks we have made it  about 30 miles. So after walking through that all day Joey looks like this : Isn't he adorable? But today is our last day here so

    Blog Experience Number 1!

    Hello friends! Thank you for checking out my first blog ever! I'm so excited to get this started! As many of you know, I am newly married. Here is a picture of my wonderful husband...  Well, I had just cooked dinner for both of our parents and we were all sitting down enjoying each other's company while I was sharing some of the crazy things that had happened to us that day and the few days that had passed and both of our mothers piped up and said that I should start a blog... and here we are!  This blog will contain everything from funny stories of our newlywed life to things that I find interesting in fashion and everything in between! I hope you enjoy yourself here! 

    Tuesday Treasures!

    Happy New Year Everybody! I know I am a day or two late but, what the hey! It's a new year!   --That means new beginnings and New Years Resolutions ! Here are a few of mine: Get my office (which is a poor mess) nice and tidy Keep up with my blog a little bit better (I'm starting out strong don't ya think?) Read the whole bible this year (Joe and I have received our One Year Bible so that should help) And of course, Be a better wife! But enough about me! Let's get on to what this post is really about. When I started this blog, I wanted it to be about fashion and beauty and all of those things that us girls really love. -But it seems to have turned into me just talking about myself the whole time (shocker I know). Anyways, that's why I came up with this: TUESDAY TREASURES Cute name right?  Tuesday Treasures will consist of several categories in which I talk about things that I like. And as the name gives it away, I will post a new one ever other Tuesday! (