Skip to main content

God Bless The Queen!

Greetings from the UK! 


These last few weeks... erh months really have been a crazy whirlwind of phone calls, moving out of our apartment, getting shifts covered, DPS paperwork, post office runs, getting more shifts covered, finals and defensive driving courses, all so that we can vacation in the beautiful England for SIX GLORIOUS WEEKS!!!! Oh I am so pumped it's ridiculous! We finally made it through the year and sweet sweet summer has arrived! (Even though it may not feel summery because of the cold and and rain).  But even though the weather is not what us Texans would call warm, it is just absolutely beautiful here! Take a look! 
Just one of the beautiful views from somewhere up high!

We have had countless adventures and I have walked more than I ever have in my life (and I survey pipelines!) But so far I have to say that England is definitely one of my favorite places! The people are so friendly (not something i was expecting coming from the state of hospitality) and everything is just so absolutely adorable! The entire country is like a huge antique shop! I just love it. 

The day after we arrived Joey and I hopped on a train to visit York for our anniversary weekend! That's right, we made it One Whole Year and I still could not be happier or more in love! How could I not be with a husband like this? 
Isn't he handsome?
That's him with a Prawn Cocktail, a weird salad they enjoy here with a mayonnaise type dressing. The restaurant was adorable! It was in a tower in the side of a bridge. Everything in the whole town was so beautiful. It was old and all made of stone and so enchanting! Here are some pictures of our weekend! Joey was there I promise he was just the one taking all of the pictures. I swear if he wasn't around I would forget and none of our adventures would be documented! 
At the train station
My first English Fish n' Chips!
 We took a boat tour before checking in to our Bed and Breakfast slash Pub
 A quick bite to eat before our terror trail - apparently York is haunted! 
The view from the top of Clifford's Tower
Karaoke Night at the Gillygate Pub
Beautiful York Minster 
And I of course had to make a stop at the famous TOPSHOP! 
I  picked up these earring on sale for 3 pounds! Yay! 

Well I hope you are enjoying England as much as I am! Thanks for reading! I'll try to keep up with updates as our lovely holiday continues! 

Cheers! 

-Tabitha




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Iowa Adventure

Hey guys! Wow! It's already been almost a week since my first post! I'm just so exhausted when we get back to our hotel room every night to even think about writing a whole blog post! Joe and I are in Burlington, Iowa at the moment working on a job for my dad's company, North American Survey Corporation (or NASCORP for short). We basically have 155 miles that we are supposed to walk. Here is a video of what we do: My dad chose this job specifically for us because it was Joe's first time and it was supposed to be an easy one. Well, we get out on the right of way (The path we are supposed to walk) and it looks like this: So we are either pushing our way through very tall very thorny bushes, or we are navigating our way through very tall very sharp corn (which was only supposed to be ankle tall by now) :(  In two weeks we have made it  about 30 miles. So after walking through that all day Joey looks like this : Isn't he adorable? But today is our last day here so

Blog Experience Number 1!

Hello friends! Thank you for checking out my first blog ever! I'm so excited to get this started! As many of you know, I am newly married. Here is a picture of my wonderful husband...  Well, I had just cooked dinner for both of our parents and we were all sitting down enjoying each other's company while I was sharing some of the crazy things that had happened to us that day and the few days that had passed and both of our mothers piped up and said that I should start a blog... and here we are!  This blog will contain everything from funny stories of our newlywed life to things that I find interesting in fashion and everything in between! I hope you enjoy yourself here! 

Tuesday Treasures!

Happy New Year Everybody! I know I am a day or two late but, what the hey! It's a new year!   --That means new beginnings and New Years Resolutions ! Here are a few of mine: Get my office (which is a poor mess) nice and tidy Keep up with my blog a little bit better (I'm starting out strong don't ya think?) Read the whole bible this year (Joe and I have received our One Year Bible so that should help) And of course, Be a better wife! But enough about me! Let's get on to what this post is really about. When I started this blog, I wanted it to be about fashion and beauty and all of those things that us girls really love. -But it seems to have turned into me just talking about myself the whole time (shocker I know). Anyways, that's why I came up with this: TUESDAY TREASURES Cute name right?  Tuesday Treasures will consist of several categories in which I talk about things that I like. And as the name gives it away, I will post a new one ever other Tuesday! (