Skip to main content

Tuesday Treasures

Hello again!

I am very excited about this week's Treasures and I hope you are too :)
Let's get started shall we? I have added a few categories as well so I hope you enjoy :)

Trending:

Right now I am loving this tribal print! I was digging it before it was everywhere and now that it's popular I get to wear it more often! I love it when you mix it with different textures and patterns. Especially this glitter top!

You can get this and other cute skirts like it here

Here are a few examples of ways to incorporate this ultra cool pattern into your wardrobe.
I know right!? Super Cute! Especially those shoes!!!

Should Not Be Trending:
A trend that I don't get right now is those ugly mom jean cut off shorts. Seriously, they aren't cute as pants why on earth would they be cute if you cut the legs off? They still make your backside look a mile long. It's just not cute. 


They are not flattering in any way! Just don't do it please.

Get it for less:
Well I guess I am at that age where ALL of my friends have decided to go and get married. (I like to think that I started the trend but whatevs.)
Anyways weddings call for a type of dress that I just don't have. You know a simple, flattering, not too formal yet not too casual type of dress. I may have one but I just feel like I just can't wear that one dress to the 5 or 6 weddings that I am attending this year! 
Well I was browsing and I found this little treasure
Here and I loved it. Unfortunately it comes with a price tag of  $464!!!! And that is not in my price range. But I love the detailing in the sleeves and the high neckline and the COLOR! I am so glad it is back!!!

...So because I loved the dress so much I did a little digging and found this little number 
Here! And the best part is it that it's on sale for $21!!! 
Amazing! and I think I may like this one better anyways!

...You're welcome ;)

This week I am adding a categorie. I'm calling it "Celeb Props" because I feel like most celebrities don't deserve all of the attention that they get but sometimes someone does something that I feel I should give them credit for. This week I am giving "props" to Emma Watson
Not only is she gorgeous and talented, she is so level headed! I have been creepily stalking her and watching videos of her in interviews and I have to say that I am very impressed with her. One of my favorite quotes of hers was actually from a while ago. She is an advocate of modesty which I admire greatly because in her world that is not an easy thing to support. She has also decided to go to college which I am very proud of. Anyways here is her quote.


"My idea of sexy is that Less is More. The less you reveal, the more people can wonder." 
So clever :)

Featured Blog:
This week's featured blog is written by a girl named Kate. She is a pro hairstylist and this blog has all kinds of videos and tutorials on how to make your hair look awesome. I personally love it because her hair is similar in length and thickness to mine but her styles will look great on anyone! Plus she's cute as a button! I highly recommend her to anyone.  

Yummies:
Rolo Turtle Desserts!
These are my absolute FAVE desserts! My Aunt Jennifer used to make them for me all the time before she moved to Florida :(
Anyways not only are they delicious the are SUPER EASY to make! All you need is a pretzel, a rollo and a pecan for each one. 

Here is how it is done:
1. Place the pretzels on a baking sheet with one rollo on top of each one.
2. Bake at 350F for about 3 minutes
3. Take them out of the oven. (The rollos should be soft but not melted)
4. Gently press the pecan into the rollo so that it squishes down onto the pretzel. 
VOILA! DELISH!

You're welcome again :)

And last but not least 
Featured Shop Item:
These are some of my fave earrings. They go with everything. They are made from beautiful saltwater pearls and sterling silver and the wire is hand wrapped. I wear mine all the time. 

So That's that! Have a good week everybody!

Cheers!

-Tabitha

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Iowa Adventure

Hey guys! Wow! It's already been almost a week since my first post! I'm just so exhausted when we get back to our hotel room every night to even think about writing a whole blog post! Joe and I are in Burlington, Iowa at the moment working on a job for my dad's company, North American Survey Corporation (or NASCORP for short). We basically have 155 miles that we are supposed to walk. Here is a video of what we do: My dad chose this job specifically for us because it was Joe's first time and it was supposed to be an easy one. Well, we get out on the right of way (The path we are supposed to walk) and it looks like this: So we are either pushing our way through very tall very thorny bushes, or we are navigating our way through very tall very sharp corn (which was only supposed to be ankle tall by now) :(  In two weeks we have made it  about 30 miles. So after walking through that all day Joey looks like this : Isn't he adorable? But today is our last day here so

Blog Experience Number 1!

Hello friends! Thank you for checking out my first blog ever! I'm so excited to get this started! As many of you know, I am newly married. Here is a picture of my wonderful husband...  Well, I had just cooked dinner for both of our parents and we were all sitting down enjoying each other's company while I was sharing some of the crazy things that had happened to us that day and the few days that had passed and both of our mothers piped up and said that I should start a blog... and here we are!  This blog will contain everything from funny stories of our newlywed life to things that I find interesting in fashion and everything in between! I hope you enjoy yourself here! 

Tuesday Treasures!

Happy New Year Everybody! I know I am a day or two late but, what the hey! It's a new year!   --That means new beginnings and New Years Resolutions ! Here are a few of mine: Get my office (which is a poor mess) nice and tidy Keep up with my blog a little bit better (I'm starting out strong don't ya think?) Read the whole bible this year (Joe and I have received our One Year Bible so that should help) And of course, Be a better wife! But enough about me! Let's get on to what this post is really about. When I started this blog, I wanted it to be about fashion and beauty and all of those things that us girls really love. -But it seems to have turned into me just talking about myself the whole time (shocker I know). Anyways, that's why I came up with this: TUESDAY TREASURES Cute name right?  Tuesday Treasures will consist of several categories in which I talk about things that I like. And as the name gives it away, I will post a new one ever other Tuesday! (