Skip to main content

Tuesday Treasures

Hello! Welcome back!

Ok, I know I promised to keep up with this here page better this year, and I know I may have skipped a week or three, and I know it is actually wednesday... But I am back now and all is right in the world again! Right? Maybe not, but I'm doing pretty well (Aside from this menacing cough that I can't seem to shake).

Well lets take a deep breath then get started shall we? 



Trending: Sparkles
Allright, I'm a girl. I love anything that sparkles! And currently trending is everything that sparkles - which I love.  It's all over pinterest! >>Check it!





And if I may toot my own horn just a bit, I would like to point out that I was wearing these back in May of last year before they hit it big ;)
One tip: Stick to one sparkly aspect of your outfit such as 

 or

Otherwise you may begin to look like this girl


And while I am a closet Ke$ha fan, she does go a bit over the top with the glitter.

New Categorie! DIYourself: Chevron Fan
Source: DesignSponge

Anybody have that terribly ugly ceiling fan that is just such a hassle to switch out with a shiny expensive new one? Give it a makeover! I personally am digging this chevron pattern that is currently trending right now and here is an awesome tutorial to achieve this super easy room face lift. 

Celeb Props: Kylie Bisutti
]
Source: Google Images
This girl has earned some major respect and a lot of media attention lately. Kylie was the winner of the 2009 "Victoria's Secret Model Search". And over the last few years has had huge success as one of the Angels. But lately as she states in an interview she started to feel convicted. She decided to quit working for Victoria's Secret so that she could honor God and Her husband with her body. How awesome is that!? 
Way to go Kylie! You have my respect :)
Here is a picture of her with her lucky husband.
Source: Google Images
Here is a video of her in an interview followed by a guy who speaks some truth. 


Source: youtube

Yummies: Grilled Cheese Sandwiches!
Ok, I have never been very good at cooking. But one thing that I rock at is grilled cheese sandwiches, and now thanks to Pinterest, I can really rock them! Have you seen some of the stuff you can do with a grilled cheese? Apparently ANYTHING taste good on them! ANYTHING! It's awesome! Here are some examples: 


And so so many more! 
Get grillin ya'll!

Featured Blog: The Painted Hive
This blog is home to some beautiful home renovation ideas for amazing prices! I have it bookmarked and I think you should too! It's quite adorable! 

Saved this one for last because it is Oh So Important! 
Should Not Be Trending : Children's Sex Change Operations
Apparently they are on the rise according to this article.
It looks as though there is a new disorder where children are adamant that they were born into the wrong body and instead of confirming the sex that they are, parents are allowing and even advocating for sex change operations as low as 16 years old and hormone blocking drugs as low as 4!!! That is insane and it needs to not be happening. What is going on here world? 

I would just like to say to anyone who may think that their gender is a mistake, God does not screw up. He knew exactly what he was doing when he made you. He designed you specifically for a specific purpose.
Here is a video that broke my heart.  
Source: Youtube

Cheers!

Tabitha

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Iowa Adventure

Hey guys! Wow! It's already been almost a week since my first post! I'm just so exhausted when we get back to our hotel room every night to even think about writing a whole blog post! Joe and I are in Burlington, Iowa at the moment working on a job for my dad's company, North American Survey Corporation (or NASCORP for short). We basically have 155 miles that we are supposed to walk. Here is a video of what we do: My dad chose this job specifically for us because it was Joe's first time and it was supposed to be an easy one. Well, we get out on the right of way (The path we are supposed to walk) and it looks like this: So we are either pushing our way through very tall very thorny bushes, or we are navigating our way through very tall very sharp corn (which was only supposed to be ankle tall by now) :(  In two weeks we have made it  about 30 miles. So after walking through that all day Joey looks like this : Isn't he adorable? But today is our last day here so

Blog Experience Number 1!

Hello friends! Thank you for checking out my first blog ever! I'm so excited to get this started! As many of you know, I am newly married. Here is a picture of my wonderful husband...  Well, I had just cooked dinner for both of our parents and we were all sitting down enjoying each other's company while I was sharing some of the crazy things that had happened to us that day and the few days that had passed and both of our mothers piped up and said that I should start a blog... and here we are!  This blog will contain everything from funny stories of our newlywed life to things that I find interesting in fashion and everything in between! I hope you enjoy yourself here! 

Tuesday Treasures!

Happy New Year Everybody! I know I am a day or two late but, what the hey! It's a new year!   --That means new beginnings and New Years Resolutions ! Here are a few of mine: Get my office (which is a poor mess) nice and tidy Keep up with my blog a little bit better (I'm starting out strong don't ya think?) Read the whole bible this year (Joe and I have received our One Year Bible so that should help) And of course, Be a better wife! But enough about me! Let's get on to what this post is really about. When I started this blog, I wanted it to be about fashion and beauty and all of those things that us girls really love. -But it seems to have turned into me just talking about myself the whole time (shocker I know). Anyways, that's why I came up with this: TUESDAY TREASURES Cute name right?  Tuesday Treasures will consist of several categories in which I talk about things that I like. And as the name gives it away, I will post a new one ever other Tuesday! (